church of our lady of the way, formerly the market church
A basilican church in the form of a tomb, the front is narrower on plan than the rest. Its two Romanesque apses are roofed with half-domes and there are beautiful capitals and chequered impost lines. The front part is roofed with ribbed vaulting. The tower was built by Felipe de Cajiga in 1598 and finished off by Fernando de Compostiza. The doorway is Romanesque with a blind arch.
Fifteenth-century image of Our Lady of the Way, Leonese Baroque reredos, image of St Lucy (17th cent.) and the Blessed Virgin of Gregorio Fernández’s school.